Bohemia Interactive has announced a major DLC for the military simulation Arma 3. He goes by the name S.O.G. Prairie Fire – and takes place in the Vietnam War of the 1960s and 70s.
That’s what it’s all about: Bohemia Interactive has a new DLC for Arma 3 in the pipeline, which is being developed in collaboration with the independent developer Savage Game Design. The title S.O.G. Prairie Fire reveals that the Vietnamkireg between North and South Vietnam and the USA was chosen as the setting.
It is an extensive expansion with around 300 square kilometers of terrain, a co-op campaign and 50 new weapons and vehicles each. The name of the DLC refers to the American special unit MACV-SOG (“Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group”). But: You will also be able to fight on the side of the Viet Cong.
Arma 3: S.O.G. Prairie Fire – that’s in the new DLC
- Cam Lao Nam: The new map shows the entire operational area of all warring parties. This also includes the long Ho Chi Minh Trail, which stretches from North Vietnam all the way down to Cambodia in South Vietnam.
- Four factions: You don’t necessarily have to put on a US uniform. You can also join the Army of the Republic of Vietnam, the Vietnamese People’s Army or the Viet Cong.
- 50 new weapons: The developers promise faithfully reproduced weapons, including pistols, revolvers, shotguns, shotguns, grenade launchers and numerous weapon accessories.
- 50 Vehicles and stationary weapons: battles are not only fought on foot. You can also use helicopters, gun boats, light tanks, cars, stationary machine guns, jets and bicycles.
- Multiplayer co-op: In the co-op campaign, you operate as MACV SOG soldiers deep in enemy territory. The six missions can be played by up to 14 players and are fully voiced.
9 multiplayer scenarios: The new multiplayer scenarios are available in the endgame – the modes are called Warlords, Zeus and Escape, among others. The bonus mission “Ash & Tray” confronts you with a series of helicopter missions.
- 5 single player scenarios: Missions are available for single players to familiarize you with the weapons used in the Vietnam War. You can also fight in jungle battles either on the side of the MACV or the Vietnamese People’s Army. The “Ash & Tray” bonus mission can also be played alone.
When will S.O.G. Prairie Fire?
Bohemia Interactive has specified the second quarter of 2021 as the release period. The price will be $ 22.99, which is around 20 euros. What do you think of the Vietnam setting? Is it a welcome change for you or is it old hat? Write us in the comments!