Crytek is ringing the bells. The 2020 Christmas event for Hunt: Showdown is upon us, bringing Twitch Drops and cool in-game rewards!
Hunt: Showdown Christmas Event “Blood & Ice” Info
Here’s what you need to know: You can earn event points via in-game promotions and Twitch Drops during Hunt: Showdown, Blood & Ice’s Winter Event, which runs from December 16 to December 30, 2020 for PC and console players. You can find the list of participating streamers here (via huntshowdown.com). The points you earn will ensure that you get rewards.
These rewards are available: Among the rewards you can pick up during the event are a new legendary hunter, a winter-themed first aid kit, and three new weapons.
How the event works
This is how you get the rewards: By earning event points, you can unlock the reward items. Event points are earned through the following activities:
- Destroy gift boxes scattered around the world
- Destroying gift boxes under the Christmas trees
- Defeat a boss and destroy the gift box that the boss drops next to the bounty.
- Investigate an event clue or rift
- Watch Hunt: Showdown Twitch streams – for every 30 minutes you watch one of the participating streams, you’ll earn ten points.
Daily cap: There are set caps on the points you can earn. Beyond that, you’ll earn Hunter XP for the rest of that day.
- Day 1: 200 XP
- Day 2: 400 XP
- Day 3: 600 XP
- Day 4: 1.000 XP
After these days you can earn another 10,000 XP that will be converted into Hunt Dollars at the end of the event.
How the Twitch Drops work
You can boost your in-game gained event points with Twitch drops. For example, if you earn 150 XP in Hunt: Showdown on the first day and 100 XP watching approved Twitch streamers, you will be credited with 200 XP for the first day.
The rest of Twitch will be added the next day. You can earn up to 100 event points from Twitch drops per day, and up to 300 during the entire event.
Crytek has released a new trailer for the event today. This trailer goes into more detail about the content that is available in the Blood & Ice event.
You can look forward to the following items:
- First Aid Kit “Cold Snap”
- Mosin Nagant Sniper “Hailstorm”
- Vetterli 71 Carbine “Winter Rose”
- Knuckleduster “Nutcracker”
- Legendary Hunter “Skinflint”
Have you already participated in the event? Tell us how you liked it in the comments.