The FPS-RPG Cyberpunk 2077 can only be played from the first-person perspective. Now modders have successfully created a third-person mod. We’ll tell you how to install it.
That’s going on: Even though Cyberpunk 2077 was created entirely as a first-person game, there are players who would like a third-person view. Exploring the area while seeing your own character is yet another experience. Modders have been working on fulfilling this wish since mid-December. Now they have released a first working mod.
|More about Cyberpunk 2077|
This is the mod: The modder Sarunama has published the “JB – TPP MOD WIP third person” mod on the Nexusmods.com site. The WIP stands for “Work in Progress”, so the mod is still not finished.
How to install the third person mod in Cyberpunk 2077
This is how it works: To get the mod to work, the following steps are necessary:
- Download and install Cyber Engine Tweaks (via Nexusmods).
- Load and install the appropriate TPP mod. Make sure you choose the correct file for your in-game gender.
- Unzip the mod in the installation path \Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64.
- Start Cyberpunk 2077 and press B in-game to activate the third-person mode.
- Use the F1 key to switch through camera perspectives
- With 9 and 0 you zoom in and out.
Currently, the third-person mod looks more than ridiculous. The modders are already doing a great job here, but the game-animations of a third-person view are completely missing and the game is simply not designed for that. So before your character’s movements look smooth and cool, it will certainly take a while.