Cyberpunk 2077 hit all platforms last night. But the last generation of consoles is apparently completely broken. Tens of thousands of fans on Reddit complain by about the Cyberpunks technical issues!
Is Cyberpunk 2077 Broken? A post on Reddit, that reports on the poor condition of the sci-fi role-playing game Cyberpunk 2077, is currently going through the roofs. Around 30,000 users agree with the horrified Redditor. You will now find out why that is.
Cyberpunk 2077: Technical Issues! That’s what the community says
These are the complaints: The Reddit post mentioned above is getting bigger by the minute. That’s because the last-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 is said to have such devastating technical issues that it is absolutely no fun to explore the world of Night City. But what exactly are the players complaining about?
- Reloading textures: According to the players, it sometimes takes up to 5 seconds until an area is fully loaded.
- Car box: Large gray boxes suddenly turn into cars and vice versa.
- Crashes: Oftentimes, the game just hangs itself up and crashes, especially in action-packed scenes.
- Resolution: If even the video portal YouTube does not recognize 720p as HD anymore, you know that you are screwed. Because according to some users, Cyberpunk 2077 runs at 720p and 30 FPS!
- Physics: Correctly calculated physics is incredibly important for believable game worlds. But what Cyberpunk delivers must come from another universe.
- Loading times: Unsurprisingly, Cyberpunk 2077’s loading times on PS4 and Xbox One are very long. This is mainly due to the slow hard drives.
- Overall bad appearance: The Game itself looks nothing like the 2018 trailers, not even like the uglier ones, which were shown a year earlier.
The Redditor who started the giga thread has the following to say about the PS4 version of Cyberpunk 2077:
“I’m sorry folks that I hyped this game so much. After 4 hours I see clearly: the game is still a building site. Horrible optimization. Playing on ps4 (…) I’m too disappointed to continue (…) “
|More Guides & News about Cyberpunk 2077|
Is the Reason a Missing Day-One Patch for Cyberpunk 2077?
What the developer says: At this point in time it is not yet known whether a day-one patch has been installed. The videos that are currently being shared could actually have been recorded without the patch installed.
CD Projekt Red says that the day-one patch of Cyberpunk 2077 would get rid of the serious technical issues on PS4 and Xbox One. Whether that is true remains to be seen.
In addition, it is also often noted from the community that The Witcher 3 also had to receive countless updates & fixes before it could become the masterpiece that the gaming landscape knows and loves today.
is this your first CD Projekt game on launch bro
Witcher 3 got like a million patches its first year but that's cool u were born yesterday how could you know
— Gion (@GionSpot) December 9, 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 PC Version has Technical Issues too
What kind of issues? The all-too-well-known journalist and former Kotaku author Jason Schreier also spoke to his Twitter followers. He’s currently playing Cyberpunk 2077 on a PC. Nevertheless, the strangest bugs and errors have come across him.
Schreier is currently struggling with a tree infestation. Small trees grow all over the carpets and walls of Night City. How such a Bug can creep in is a mystery to us.